1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57 on Jeep Wrangler leaking down

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Premierplowing, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Premierplowing

Premierplowing Member

I retro fitted my plow which came off a late model cherokee and switched everything over to a wrangler mount that I bought from storks. Everything bolted up as it should however I noticed the the ram seems to have too much lift and the ram cylinder tank actually hits the top of the mount when the plow is fully raised.Iwill be fixing this in time..... It worked fine for last season and I have been careful not to allow the plow to raise up all the way as to not do more damage to the tank( there is already a dent and a slight crack has begun to form.
    A new problem has arisen, the pump leaks down slowly and it needs to be raised when driving down the road every few minutes. I've looked through the forums and found that it may be a o-ring or one of the valves is bad? Any ideas where to look first?
    Also when I filled the tank, I noticed that when I raise and lower the plow fully, fluid will squirt out of the relief valve....did I possibly over fill the tank?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advance
  2. My76f250

My76f250 Senior Member

Ok first off...in regards to the height issue.....what hole on the lift arm is the piston in? the front one or the middle? If its in the middle move it to the front hole so even at full extent the pump casing will not hit the lift frame....i had that issue with an e-60 on a conventional mount.....As far as your fluid squirt situation..when you check or add fluid are you pushing the piston all the way down beforehand? If not then yes you are over filling it. The leak down sounds like the valve isnt closing off all the way...i would personally flush the pump with meyer hydra flush and change that cartridge valve.
  3. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

install new a valve seals if thats not it you will need new packing cup on ram sounds like you over filled pump also the pump ram needs to be bolted to the closet hole at end of lift.s..o pump leans out futher away if it still hits you will need to drill new hole closer to end or buy different lift arm or you will wast your can on pump.... if it keeps hitting it will bust seal on can and pump will leak fluid and not work
  4. KGRlandscapeing

KGRlandscapeing 2000 Club Member

Also something to look at is did you put the pump on backwards?