1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E57 doesn't Lift or Angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KartAnimal29, Dec 26, 2010.

1. KartAnimal29

KartAnimal29 PlowSite.com Addict
    from Ct.

Just went outside to do my driveway and the plow came up , went down. Went to go raise and , nothing. Tried to angel it , nothing. Need some fast help here boy's. Cou;d she be frozen ?

2. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Pump is turning and the solenoid is clicking

3. Ewsa

Ewsa Junior Member
    from CT

somethin freeze? relays? electric connections? where are you in CT

4. Ewsa

Ewsa Junior Member
    from CT

check fluid level?

5. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Ya CT. Worked great about 4 hours ago. Like I said went out to try it out and it lifted. Got to the end of the pump and it won't raise, left or right. All the connection seem to be fine, just looked at them.

6. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Not yet >>>>>>>>>

7. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

Where are you in CT? Im in Southington..

8. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Bristol at the bottom of 69 from Wolcott

9. Ewsa

Ewsa Junior Member
    from CT

Fairfield, were gettin it pretty good right now. Hows the fluid level? If it stopped working abruptly the lift cylinder probably isnt frozen, pump sound normal or bogged down?

10. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Sounds normal

11. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

i plow an appartment right up the street on 69 right where the chevy dealer used to be. then was enterprise. i can throw a snowball from wehre i plow to it..

12. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

if fluid level is good, then check your pressure. maybe burnt motor or pump might have lost a seal? hope this helps what brand plow?

13. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

no used plow. don't see anything leaking out. ya foxrider I'm right around the corner from there

14. advl66

advl66 Senior Member

id come by and help if i knew anything about them,but i dont

15. 94chevy2500

94chevy2500 Senior Member

if the pump blow a seal it dosnt mean it will leak it can leak into the motor and u will never now it. there is like 7-8 o rings inside the pump that if they ar damaged or blow then they will lose pressure

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  16. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Check the fluid level and then let us know. Have you flushed and refilled annually? I'll gladly walk you through getting this fixed if you get back to me before going back out again.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2010
  17. threeleaf

threeleaf Senior Member

hey i got an extra pump and motor at the shop for your plow if you wanna go grab it... give ,me a call.....should work for yah..

18. KartAnimal29

from Ct.

Thanks Allen. I got her working guys. Put some fluid in it and put the heat gun to it afterwords. Just plowed the hood to make sure it's OK. I have a moving blanket around the pump right now. I'll give it a try on a few hours just to make sure that was the problem. Thanks Boy's :cool:

19. mrascoe

mrascoe Junior Member

this happened to me this wk on my meyers e60.i cleaned all the connections with sandpaper,tightened up the ground and power wires ,topped off fluid and it would only intermittently work.so i went to take the electric motor cap off to see if motor was locked up and come to find out it was loaded with fluid so i must have lost a seal.i cant believe it even would move at all.i took the e47 i had in stock and it works awesome..fewww
    good luck

20. Sp3cialized

Sp3cialized Member
    from CT

I live on the Bristol/Southington line; let me know if there's anything I can help with.. Pm or email Chris DOT Riedinger AT gmail for my number I'll try to get back to you asap.

I plow in Southington and Meriden but I could help you out if yours dies again