1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E4od

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FordFisherman, Nov 12, 2008.

1. FordFisherman

FordFisherman PlowSite.com Addict
    from 06611

Does anybody know what year the e4od transmission came out? Would a 92 F250 have the C6 or e4od?

2. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Both.

I think they stop offer C6 in 94. You need check if it have OD then it E4od or AOD

3. FordFisherman

from 06611

Thanks Mill

4. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Is the transmission very long? The longer case model is the E4OD the shorter one is the AOD. As mil stated if there is no overdrive on it its the C6 3 speed.

I think they were all available that year so it makes things a bit more confusing for you!

Hope that helps some though!

5. Turf Commando

Turf Commando Senior Member

Told the pan on the C6 is longer, other than that they both were the same thing, someone correct me if my information is wrong...

6. ZRT1000

ZRT1000 Member

The case on the E4OD is longer than the C6. I just put $1000 into rebuilding a Ecrap, I wish The truck had a C6..Much better trans.

7. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

got a c6 mint for 300 and a diesel e4od for 800 from a powerstroke

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

For positive identification count the pan bolts...

C6 will have 17 bolts
    E4OD will have 20.

9. FordFisherman

from 06611

Gonna try and positively ID the suspect at first light. Thanks everyone for the feedback.

10. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Is AOD have 14 bolts for pan?

Because I keep hear 14 bolts but not sure if it was C6.

I bet it could be E4OD if it HD not those light duty with 302 that have AOD.

11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yes AOD has 14 bolts.

AODE will be 16
    A4LD will have 18

Thats why no matter what Ford trans your talking about, counting the pan bolts is the positive identifier.

12. Ggg6

Ggg6 Senior Member
    from IL

Just google E4OD there is a lot of info and pictures. The E4OD has a lot of external ribbing on the case, the c-6 does not. It can be built to be a very strong trans, but it is not a cheap trans to build. A $1000 for a rebuild is only going to get you a soft parts rebuild if that. My converter cost more that a grand.