1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47H Leak

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by CJbob, Dec 30, 2006.

1. CJbob

CJbob Junior Member
    from NJ

I have a Meyers E47H pump that leaks when I raise and lower the Ram. The leak is comming from where the top cap meets the reservoir cylinder. I have tightened the 3 bolts.
    The O rings look OK.

I did have to remove a bend(kink) in the cyclinder wall where it looks like it previously hit the plow frame. I was able to pound it out and it looks round. Should I try new O rings or will I have to get a new cyclinder? What causes oil be forced out at that seal? Is it really under pressure or just splashing oil?

2. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

If your tank was bent that is probibly where it is leaking from any damage to the tank tends to cause a leak

3. CJbob

CJbob Junior Member
    from NJ

Fixed

I went back and looked at the cylinder. It was not as round as I thought. I turned a plug on the lathe the same diameter as the inside of the cylinder and forced it through. With a little hammer work on the end, it now seals well.

Just for my knowledge, is the fluid in the cylinder under pressure or is it just splash up from when the ram goes down ? Since there is a pressure relief fitting, I guess there could be some pressure in the cylinder (not hydraulic type levels).

4. StorksAuto

StorksAuto Senior Member

There is nor really any pressure but it is not unusual for some to build up temp change or from use

5. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

You may need to change the vent on the top of the tank....Rob