1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice
  1. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

Ive burnt up two pumps in the last week on the same plow... when I replaced the the motor i also replaced the pump... as it turned out the new pump was bad... the gears were rubbing on the spacer plate and it turned really hard... put on a new pump and it worked great for about 3 hours, then smoked the motor... replaced the motor again and rigt now its working fine ( afraid to go use it ) angling the motor sounds great, while raising though it sounds like its working too hard... what am I missing???

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

S.A.M. parts or Meyer OEM?

3. dirtmandan2

the pump that was junk was a sam ( brand new part ) replaced w/ a meyer pump... the motors are rebuilt...

4. dirtmandan2

need some help here guys!!

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

What kind of pressure is it producing?

6. dirtmandan2

i dont know i went out to the meyer shop and THEY DONT HAVDE A GAUGE so monday i will have to see if i can find one... hopefully it doesnt burn up tomorrow night supposed to get 6 to 10 inches!!! putting wings on one of the plows tomorrow so hopefully that;ll help me out if the motor does go out