1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by rush, Nov 28, 2006.

1. rush

rush Member

Can someone tell me how to check the fluid level on this pump?
    and what is the best fluid to use?
  2. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog Member

e47 fluid level...

on the top of the pump there is a fill bung( right next to the ram) open this, I believe it is a 9/16 nut, meyer says that the level should be 1" to 11/2" from the top , with the ram retracted( plow fully lowered, lift arm completely down) Best fluid to use is the meyer OEM " electrolift " fluid - It is what the pump is designed to run on, and if you use any other fluid, your local Meyer dealer won't put your pump on his test stand, should you neded to do any troubleshooting. Go to Meyer products.com, and download the service manual for your pump- if you have adobe acrobat, you can print it out for free , right from your computer- a must have for a meyer owner !!! 'Rude Dog
  3. rush

rush Member

Thanks for the info..just another quick question too.
    With the plow lifted off the ground, should i be able to push on the plow and be able to manually turn it to the left or right? Because i can with mine, and i was thinking that didnt seem right.