1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 worked great for a minute!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ohionewbie, Nov 27, 2011.

1. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Ok guys ...my E47 worked great for about 5-8.... up and downs....quick , fast ...then I don't know what happened...it is now horribly slow!!....all my connections are good...solenoid is functioning. Any ideas!?

2. v8motorcycleman

v8motorcycleman Junior Member

When was the last time you changed the fluid or it was rebuilt? It could be clogged filters, water/ice in the lines, the electric motor needs servicing or replaced, or the pump is seizing.

3. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Changed fluid last week...put new seal kit in end of last season....I only owned the pump since the beginning of last season so I don't know when the last time it was rebuilt....I cleaned the filters at the end of last season too...

4. v8motorcycleman

v8motorcycleman Junior Member

If you take the electric motor off, the pump should easily turn with a pair of pliers. If it doesn't, the pump is seizing. While the motor is off, hook it to a car battery or charger and listen to it turn. It should turn easily and not growl. If it growls or is weak, replace the motor.

5. ohionewbie

ohionewbie Junior Member

Ok...thanks man!!......I will try it.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Start by pulling the filters from behind the drain plugs and pull the tank and clean /replace the pick up filter.