1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 won't move after tripping

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by FrFtr28, Dec 13, 2010.

1. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

While plowing tonight I was backing up off a pile and didn't lift the ram all the way up, so the blade slammed down and stopped before hitting the ground. Then I noticed the blade tripped a couple times and within a minute I couldn't lift or angle the blade, just drop it. I switched motors, but the only improvement was extremely slow movement when it did move. Could something have broken internally or should I be looking towards something else?

Also, I noticed when I pushed down on the lifting ram, fluid would come out of the fill hole which never happened before.

2. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

I checked all the wire connections and everything there is good. Could this be water in the fluid? It was working fine for awhile, I ran around town doing some errands and raised it, lowered it with no problem.

Anyone have any ideas on where I should start troubleshooting?

Thanks

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Thaw it out, drain the fluid (from the rams too) flush (meyer's hydra-flush works well) then refill with a 5606 fluid (meyer, boss, western, snoway it doesn't matter as long as you do not mix them) be sure to pull and clean your filters.

E 47 manual

http://ww2.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562 R16.pdf

4. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

Unfortunately I don't have access to a heated garage to thaw out the angle cylinders, but I can remove the pump and take it inside to thaw. Last night after I removed the blade and A-frame, I angled the blade manually so I know nothing was froze up in that section.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

The ice forms independently of the fluid. The ice particles clog the filters nor allowing fluid to pass. the cylinders just need to be drained and refilled. if you change the fluid in the pump and not the cylinders then you will just have a repeat of what you are going though now.

6. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

I finally got around to draining all the fluid and replacing it. Everything seems to be in working order... for now.