1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 wont lift or angle left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by horseshoer, Dec 31, 2012.

1. horseshoer

horseshoer Junior Member

I rebuilt it cause last year it wouldn't angle and lift would slowly leak down. i replaced A, B and C valve and coils. it angles left when when toggled up, clicks when toggled left and toggled right works. i am know 5 days into working on it counting rebuild and changing axle on truck, but getting frustrated. All this snow and I'm stuck in the shop.

2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

keep fresh and proper oil in it . if you noticed they tend to freeze up . thats why the new ones come encaged with plastic like Boss and a few others .
    you got to admit it , they are very easy to diagnose and work on .
    Good luck , happy new year !!!:mechanic:

Theres No business , Like Snow business !!!:mechanic:

E-47.jpg

3. horseshoer

horseshoer Junior Member

seemed easy at first but now i cant seem to figure it out i've replaced almost everything

4. Spool it up

wiring ,screens, plugs , coils, celonoids ....its endless . iv had them for years . by the time you've mastered the meyer , you'll be Boss'n it :mechanic:

5. horseshoer

horseshoer Junior Member

its all been cleaned and replaced over the last week, but i dont know if the toggles are wired right

6. Spool it up

do a search here . trial and error . use a test light on the toggles . you'll get it Thumbs Up

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

ussmileyflag...sounds like red wire is where green goes red wire b coil raises plow... black wire a coil lowers plow ... green wire c coil angels plow...b valve is close to front of pump c is by back could put on wrong and have pluged in wrong switch wire and see if it changes i have seen it before ...could also be bad b coil or stuck b valve it all points to b valve or coil

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  8. cpmi

cpmi Senior Member
    from CT

Willing to bet its one of two things-either coil wiring is mixed up as mentioned or a bad lift toggle switch-had it happen two years ago when I owned a Meyer-now we are all Fisher thankfully.

9. horseshoer

horseshoer Junior Member

has new toggle and tried changing wires around and no change i don't think the coils are magnetizing but there new, im gonna double check after i get some thing to eat

10. horseshoer

horseshoer Junior Member

Ok so B coil not working with lift toggle, does anyone have a diagram of which wire goes on which post on switches? i stuck a screw driver on the side of a coil to feel, is there a better way to check coil?

11. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Go to www.smithbrothersservices.com

12. horseshoer

horseshoer Junior Member

thanks guys switch's were wired wrong. time to get the blade on and hope we have more snow