1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 wont angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by MALLOPPO, Jan 13, 2011.

1. MALLOPPO

MALLOPPO Junior Member

HI ALL
    Im new here ...
    my E47 wont angle either way it is stuck in the full left position and the passenger side angle ram hose gets VERY HARD with pressure but nothing happens ???
    it did it once before ... then out of the blue started working again ... then again last night after I hit a snow/ice pile it stuck in the the full left position again !!!
    please help and thank you
    :)

2. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

You are having trouble with your C vavle or coil, green wire. First check the coil to see if it gets magnetized. Have someone hit the switch and use a screwdriver or wrench, just touch it against the top of the coil where the nut is, as your helper hits the switch the coil should feel magnetized. if it doesn't follow the wire to the plug and check there for power with a test light. If you have power but no magnetism then your coil is bad, if you do have mag at the coil then the valve is bad. All meyers plows are designed to go left by default, that is why it only goes left, and when you keep hitting the switch it over pressurizes the pass side cylinder, thats why there is pressure at the hose. Also check your couplers, are they easy to hook and unhook, are they rusted. I have also seen where a bad coupler can cause angling problems.

3. donjhart

donjhart Junior Member

replace your couplers at ram and at pump have encountered thjis problem many times and replaced c coil and it still wont work.the buyer and sam couplers only last about 2 years. the hard hose is caused by the couplers are stuck closed. take a screw driver and put close to your c coil have someone activate switch if working correctly it will pull screwdriver towards small bolt on c coil. if stuck while plowing push rightside of plow against solid object and activate switch it should angle to right to keep it working dont angle either way fully untill you can fix it. i have repaierd my meyer e 47 for over 22 years there repair manual is well worth the money it has saved me a lot of repair bills and down time.