1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 wont angle to the right

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 68bullit, Jan 16, 2004.

1. 68bullit

68bullit Member

older meyers mounted to 86 chev suburban.just rebuilt the truck engine first time out this year for the plow.

it lifts,angles to the left and when trying to angle to the right it continues left .the right side cylinder was leaking so it should have self bled itself i assume and removed the cylinder to replace hyd gland and the was not pressure in the left side cyl.

yes i do understand that the left cyl makes the plow angle right and viceversa

new parts b and c coils,crossover valve,couplings,rebuilt pump all within the last 2years.

this plow is for my driveway and has very little use as far as hours go.

any advice would be great thanks
  2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

You state the plow raises and lowers, angles to the left. If correct you need to start at the C - coil(green wire) Is there power at the C- coil when trying to angle right? Does the coil have magnetism when trying to angle right? If you answer yes to both of those questions check the C - valve and o'rings. Post results after testing.
  3. 68bullit

68bullit Member

how do you check the coil when angling to the right.do i use a ohmeter or something or just a piece of metal like a screwdriver or something?

im just waiting for the swing cylinder to be fixed and we will post the results after that.

4. JMR

JMR Senior Member

Volt meter or test lite to check for power, screwdriver to check for magnetism.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2004