1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Wont angle PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by KATTRANSPORT, Dec 14, 2007.

1. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

Looking for some help with my meyers E47 on my F350. We hooked it all up and the plow goes up and down fine. It also goes left and right fine to when it works. Sometimes it stops turning, dosent matter left or right it just wont angle.The fluid looks ok and seems to be full. What could cause this It seems to stop turning randomly Any help greatly appeciated.

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

When is the last time you flushed the system and cleaned the filters?? Check that first. next it could be a coil going bad or your quick couplers are bad. To check the coils, have someone in the truck hit the button and hold a screwdriver by the top. If it pulls the screwdriver to it, it is a ok. If that is not it, check the conections. Then it is your couplers. But, Im sure B&B here will have better info for you and I could be completly wrong.

3. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 Junior Member

do you have enough fluid in the pump to angle? will it angle with then blade lowered?? if it does add more fluid. hit the angle button and it goes up its the valve or seleniod.

4. KATTRANSPORT

KATTRANSPORT Senior Member

I have had all hiniker products and this truck is my first with a meyers setup. Is there a procedure for flushing the system ? Also where are these filters ? I believe the fluid level is ok about 1.5 inch from the top.

5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You knew I'd be along sometime SL..:)

If it won't go left OR right when it won't angle, but the pump runs, then you have a bad quick coupler....

The filters are behind 2 of the 3 hex plugs on the front of the pump down near the bottom....the 3rd plug is the reservoir drain (if you look real close it will say "drain" above the plug).

Do a forum search on the flush procedure, it's been covered many time's so you'll find lots of good info..

6. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog Member

won't angle ...

Had the same problem about 2 years ago- changed out both of the couplers, have been problem free since - just be SURE that you buy the same brand male and female couplers !!! others have had issues with different brands not allowing hyd flow. 'Rude Dog

7. 92XT

92XT Senior Member

call me , Iv had them for 18 rears

8. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Tom & Mike, your beating me to them lol.

Yes sounds like bad quick coupler.

By the way the Hex heads, are 15/16's :)

You will need 3Qts of Blue Fuild

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Don't worry Ron it's not intentional...:waving:

I'm sure it's just a typo as your no slouch with the Meyer stuff but just so there's no confusion on which plugs we're talking about, they're 11/16" not 15/16" :).