1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 won't angle and leaks

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by SteveoD, Dec 10, 2013.

1. SteveoD

SteveoD Junior Member
    from maine

So I have a Meyer E47 I hooked it up a few weeks back and tested it. Up and down worked fine.Then it angled right but wouldn't turn back. It was nearly out of fluid so I filled it. Tried it again, now it still doesn't angle but it now leaks fluid when I try to angle it.The leak is coming from between the PA Block and the ram.I took the PA block off and did not see any cracks or bad o-rings. Upon re installation I bought new hydraulic lines and flushed everything.Refilled again, raised and lowered fine. But once again angled right but did not turn back. I did notice before it maxed out I pressed left a few times but it angled a bit right(weird) and on top of that it was still leaking when trying to angle. Then I got curious so I reversed the hoses to see if it was related to the ram. Then it angled left then once again before it maxed out tried right and it hitched a bit to the left but wouldn't go right at all. Any help would be helpful snow is on the way and a plow that angles properly without leaking fluid would be nice
  2. jrodgers

jrodgers Senior Member

3. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

do you have the correct couplers on it?
  4. upplowin

upplowin Member
    from UP/MI

Maybe a valve stuck? You said you switched hoses & went left but not right so I would be looking at valves maybe...
  5. dines78

dines78 Junior Member

I'd bet money it's a bad coupler. The plow will angle one direction but can't come back because the bad coupler won't allow the fluid to release from the opposite ram. Don't use cheap couplers as they will fail right out of the package. Spend the money on Meyer or western couplers they will save you time and money. If it's not a coupler check for a bad coil or valve. Make sure you are getting voltage at each coil when your control calls for it.