1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 with no right angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by FrFtr28, Dec 18, 2013.

1. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

I've been trying to troubleshoot why my E47 will not angle right, but will angle left instead. It raises and lowers fine. Here's what I've tried so far:

• Replaced quick connects
    • Removed and cleaned crossover valve- this was completely dry when I removed it, is that normal?
    • Switched green and black wires - Plow would raise when switch for right was pushed, but would still go left when switch for raise was pushed.
    • Checked for magnetism at B & C coils and it was present, but I will swap those coils to see if that does anything

That would leave the C valve as the culprit, correct? I thought by switching the wires and the plow still only going left ruled that out.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
  2. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

3. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

That's the chart I was going off of. I assumed swapping wires would bypass the C valve, but I'm not certain. Also, according to the flow chart fluid should be hitting the crossover valve, but when I removed it, it was bone dry. So I guess I'm just looking for confirmation on whether or not swapping wires ruled out a bad C valve and if the crossover valve should be dry.

One more question. If the crossover valve is not adjusted right, will that cause the 'no right angle' issue?

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

The crossover should be wet with fluid...

Have you checked the C valve yet? As well as filters? I'm wondering if it could be as easy as a piece of crud blocking the fluid from flowing. Adjusting the crossover I believe is easy as turning the screw but mark it so you know where it was.

As I said before I'm new to the E47 and plowing in general but I'd think small before going big. Once all the small has been looked at then go bigger.
  5. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

That video is why I was confused when mine came out dry. I counted the turns to all the way in before I removed the crossover, so I could set it the same when I re-installed it. I do not have a pressure gauge to set it to 3800 psi, so I'm hoping it was set right before i removed it.

I have not pulled the C valve yet, but that is probably my next step unless somebody says otherwise.
  6. Joe Lombardo

Joe Lombardo Member

Just went thru that with my Drive Pro. Changed the C valve and that took care of the problem. IF the C valve is bad the blade will only angle to the left even if you try switching the wires.
  7. FrFtr28

FrFtr28 Member

It's probably gonna end up being the C valve. Hopefully I'll get a chance to look at it this weekend while it's warm here.
  8. JCByrd24

JCByrd24 Senior Member
    from Maine

Another vote for C-valve. Google or search here for swollen c-valve, very common. I did mine last year as a precaution (still worked but was swollen a little and the coil was tight on it).
  9. leolkfrm

leolkfrm PlowSite.com Addict

if you have a slick stick it can also give you problems
  10. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Wanted to revive this, if I replace the c valve should i dump my fluid or will fluid squirt out when I unscrew it?
  11. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

No need to drain. May lose a small amount but not enough to be worried about.
  12. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Kimber 2 questions:
    1, should I use a crescent wrench or will a deep socket fit the C valve?
    2, should I put any PTFE or Anti seize on the threads when installing new valve?

13. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

I use a socket. 1 1/4" I believe.
    I don't put anything on the threads.
  14. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

yup, regular 1 1/4 deeepwell socket.
    an impact socket will not work, the stiffener bracing in the socket is not deep enough to grab the nut on the valve.
  15. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

If I pull the filters to clean them will I lose all of the fluid? I dont think I need to since I did them last year but thought it was worth a try....m
  16. plowsteve

plowsteve Junior Member

I use an impact socket, I believe it is an IR. Fits fine.