1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Wireing and angleing problem

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by lettereat, Jan 13, 2007.

1. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

I picked up a used plow and am having problems. I can't get power to the motor when the wire on the harness is plugged into the fuse box. I replaced the motor solonoid and still have the same problem. What I found is when the switches are connected to the fuse block (wire thats hot when the keys on) the motor wont run. I disconnect the fuse box wire and the motor runs fine. Problem is, I need the wire to the fuse box to lower the plow.

Also the plow angles left (drivers side) no problem. I move the switch the other way (angle passenger side) motor doesn't run and nothing happens.

I must be doing something wrong. Can anyone help??

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Do you have the twin toggle switch style control? First thing to do is recheck your wiring. What color is the wire your connecting to the fuse panel? Follow the diagram below.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2007
  3. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

wireing problem

Black wire goes to the fuse block. I think I have it hooked right but obviousally not. Only thing I can think of after looking at your diagram is I may have the A coil wire and the fuse block wire mixed up. I'll check that.

4. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

wireing problem

It's a double toggle switch

5. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

Wireing problem

Black with with the inline fuse is hooked to the Fuse box power with key on.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

You said that the motor will only run with the black power wire disconnected? That's not posssible unless another wire is getting power that shouldn't be, as with the wire disconnected the harness shouldn't have any power at all.Does the plug's on the back of the switches look factory or does it look like somebody may have butchered on the harness and moved wire around?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2007
  7. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

Wireing problem

It looks to be factory. The white wire attached to the solonoid has power all the time. Is this correct? If someone has a picture of the wire routing of the switch connectors (how they connect to the toggle switches) that may help me find the problem. When I check with a test light, all the wires are hot except for the red, green, and black. :confused: Maybe I need a new harness??

8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The white wire at the solenoid should not have power in it all the time. Either you harness is shorted together somewhere on one of you switches is stuck in a "command" position. Unplug the switches from the harness and test the white wire again.This will tell you if the short is in the switches or the harness.

9. lettereat

lettereat Junior Member

WIreing problems

I think I've got the wrong motor solenoid. I bought them both at the same auto parts store. The guy said this one works on a Meyer or Western. Now I got 2 western solenoids that are no good to me. I'll pick up a MEYER solenoid tomorrow and I'm sure my problems will be solved. Thanks for your help B&B

Any suggestions on getting the air out of the angle cylinders?

10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yep, you gotta have the correct solenoid or you'll pull you hair out chasing problem's.As to the air in the angle cylinder's, after you cycle the plow back and forth a few time's it should work the air out on it's own.Just be sure and top the fluid off afterward's and you should be good to go..

11. DanHjr

DanHjr Junior Member

flustrated wireing problems with western Joystick

can anyone help I purchased a used western plow it came off a 94 F-250 and I saw it work while it was on now that I have installed it on my 94 f-150 i can't seem to get it to work it has the relay and everything along with the joystick controler I have wired this up but can't seem to get it to work and I'm about to give up!!! when I move the joystick to the right it would raise the cylinder without the blade hooked up but not with it and the left and right would not work can anyone help with these issue

Thanks

Dan

12. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

I'm no Western expert but make sure one side of the small studs on the underhood solenoid is grounded, Westerns webesite has all the wiring diagrams etc. that you could ever want. :mechanic: