1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 will not lift

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by gmule, Apr 18, 2015.

1. gmule

gmule Junior Member

I am working on a E47 pump
    left and right controls work pump runs and blade moves left and right I also have
    down and float as well.

when I hit the switch to go up it is dead the motor does not run and it will not lift the blade. I replaced the B coil after checking that there is power to the B coil when I hit the switch to raise it it is still dead.

Any thoughts?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

See if you have power at the solenoid when you press up. If not, wiring or controller would be suspected

3. gmule

gmule Junior Member

I have a new clue. If I hold the switch to raise the plow and hold the angle switch right or left it will raise the blade

After that it will work on its own intermittently. If it wont raise I hold both switches again and it will lift.

I have checked all the grounds and all the wires out to the pump unit and they check out with power and proper voltage.

I also drained the fluid in the unit and cleaned all the screens to see if maybe there was some gunk causing the problems.

The o rings on the b and c valves look good and the springs and check balls are all in place. Not sure of where to go from there with it. I guess as long as I can get through this month I can send the unit in for a complete rebuild for next season. Thankfully I only rely on this for my own property

4. dieselss

But did you Ck for power outta the controller when you press up?

5. gmule

gmule Junior Member

My unit has the 2 toggle switches and I did not check power directly out of the switch but I do have power at the B coil when I press the switch to raise the blade. I'll put a new switch in it in the morning when the parts store opens and see what happens.

6. dieselss

At the coil is not at the solenoid.
    And not directly at the switch