1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Will Not Angle Left

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ssines, Dec 9, 2009.

1. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

Here’s my dilemma:

I have a 1994 F250, with a Meyer E47 plow set up. I bought the truck last summer from the city schools; it was the last of their old plow trucks. Anyways, when I bought it the guy told me that it did not angle right or left, and it was probably just the C coil. It was permanently (so I thought) angled to the right at the time. Last winter I plowed my driveway and my in-laws’ driveway. Not really much need to adjust the angle, so it worked ok since it still raised and lowered. I still had a nagging to fix it because it’s supposed to angle, and just doesn’t. So, this fall I bought new B & C coils, and nothing changed. There is power to the coils. I replaced all of the couplers, same thing. The next thing I tried was connecting the hoses from the left and right angle cylinders together to see if the plow could manually be pushed from side to side, and it moved!! So, at this point I know it can move, just not the way it was intended to. I read the troubleshooting guide in the manual and it suggested replacing the pilot valve, which I tried to do. I took the old one out, after some tapping, and I could not get the new on in. So, I went ahead and replaced the whole PA block. Still the same. The only other thing it lists in the manual is the C valve. So I just replaced it tonite, and it still does the same thing. I am pretty close to driving the thing into a tree. If anyone has any insight or advice I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.

Scot

2. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

i just wanted to add a few thoughts. At 12:30am tonite, i had my wife go out to the garage to assist me in checking the c coil for magnetism (she thought it was really cool, surprisingly). I found that the magnetism wasn't too strong when L or R button was pushed. When the plow raised the B coil was stronger, but when left or right was pushed it wasn't strong enough to hold a screwdriver. Also, i followed the wires from the coils all the way inside the engine compartment and found a wire that is coming from the controls (there are like 6 or 7 wires in for the controls) not connected to anything, it looks like it just disconnected from something, and i can't find the other end. This wire is not for the coils. If any of this rambling makes sense to someone, please let me know. Thanks.

3. J.B plowing

J.B plowing Junior Member

I think you have a bad control pad. or a bad conection in the harness at the plow mount quick con.
    i have the E-60 my harness does that if gets lots grim clean out. I hope this work

4. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

JB, thanks for the advice. Do you have any thoughts as to what the random wire coming from the controls is for? Where would harness you are referring to be? if it is the pad, do you know if it's difficult to switch back to toggle switches? I'd almost rather do that than buy a new control pad

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

What color is the wire? Can you post a picture of the pad and wire. That would help.

6. J.B plowing

have found my complete diagram of the wire harness and need to now the colors of your wires that are not connected.

7. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

i think i' m missing something. All of the wires coming from the control panel are black, and one has a white stripe on it. I was looking at my manual and i think it may be the wire that goes to the negative battery terminal. From what i can tell, there is one that goes to the ignition switch, one that goes to the negative terminal, one that goes to the plow solenoid that is on the inner fender, and one going to each of the coils; for a grand total of six wires. I'm thinking it is the one that goes to the negative battery terminal. Does that make sense?

8. J.B plowing

yes there is one small gage wire its orange to the negitive

9. J.B plowing

also if they are all black i think they rewiered it or could be a older plow but yes all the six wire should go where you said.

10. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

it's definitely an older plow.

so would the one not being attached to the negative terminal cause the problems i have been having?

11. J.B plowing

I think so I have a touch pad my lights on the touch pad shut off when i press left or right .so when i hooked my orange wire to the negative it worked, DON'T hook it to the positive.

12. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Yes that would cause your pad to not work.

13. ssines

ssines Junior Member
    from Ohio

even though it wrks to raise and lower?