1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 vs e60 - difference ?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RoGrrr, Mar 25, 2010.

1. RoGrrr

RoGrrr Junior Member

I keep seeing these model numbers and am wondering what the difference between them is.

I currently have an E60 and wonder if I should switch to the 47. The 60 is working well, and I'm lifting a 7-1/2 foot poly board with it.

RoGrrr

2. btammo

btammo Member

no..........

3. RoGrrr

RoGrrr Junior Member

I don't mean to be uncivil, but is that all you know how to say ?

4. Clint S

Clint S Senior Member

E 47 would be a downgrade. The E60 is a newer style.

5. RoGrrr

RoGrrr Junior Member

Clint
    Thank you for your response. Long story short, I have a 60 which came on a previous truck I bought, transferred it over to this truck and was wondering what I have. It works well, pushing snow and the gravel on my lane so I guess I'll stick with it.
    Roger

6. btammo

btammo Member

You asked if you should change from the E-47 from a E-60. Answer is NO! As far as the differences, I am not a qualified person to tell you all the technical differences between the two. A simple google search will answer your questions.

What i do know is that the 47 is smaller and slower where the 60 is alot quicker, stronger and geared more toward commercial use. If you are plowing your house a 47 is fine, but i wouldnt go out of my way to get a 47 by any means.