1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 very slow

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by vpneng, Dec 2, 2007.

1. vpneng

vpneng Junior Member

I am new at this..so bear with me a bit..

The plow does go up/down/left/right but its doing this slowly.. I believe I need to check the fluid level but I am want to make sure I am going about this correctly.. From what I have found I am going to do this on the top of the "ram".. I see 4 nuts on top - which one is the one that I remove to check and add fluid.?

Thank you
  2. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

There is a plug all by it self to fill and check the fluid levels. It is on top off to the side it will take a 9/16 or 5/8s boxed end wrench. Steve
  3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Should be 5/8's It should look like two nuts on top of each other.

The top on is 7/16 and its a brether.
  4. 440trk

440trk Senior Member

If the fluid check doesn't solve the problem, clean all your electrical connections. Might want to check/replace your battery and plow cables as well. Old cables are a large cause of excessive resistance, which not only slows the pump down, but also makes your entire electrical system work harder.

5. muncybob

muncybob Junior Member
    from Pa

What is the purpose of the smaller nut on top of the fill nut?
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The smaller "nut" is the actual breather/vent for the fluid reservoir..if you look at it closely, you'll see a small vent hole in the side of it.

The part your referring to as the fill plug is just a reducer bushing so the fill hole could be a little bigger than the thread size on the breather (makes it 1/4" pipe).. if the fill hole was the same size as the breather threads (1/8 pipe), it'd be a real pain to fill through a hole that small.
  7. notaclue

notaclue Junior Member

Check the two screen filters on front of pump body,