1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 troubles

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Ndb87, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Ndb87

Ndb87 Junior Member

Having an issue with my e47. Pump struggles to raise and every now and again when I move my slik stik up to raise the plow it angles left. Fluid is good and clean, have 12v to the pump motor, good clean connestions at the pump and solenoid checks out. Any suggestions?

2. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

3. Ndb87

Ndb87 Junior Member

Good lookin out, burnt up motor!

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

Easiest fix!! Just have to get a new one and stick it on LOL

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Burnt up motor? Be careful with that analysis. I've been using meyer pumps for decades, and never lost a motor. Clean up the motor, especially the open cavity below it (between the motor and the pump) and the lower (main) bushing. Clean out the pump, make sure there's no sludge in the base, fresh fluid, etc. The side-instead-of-up problem is related to one of the big valves on the angle block -- could be a bad electrical connection.

6. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Left is default on meyer. Going left when pressing up points to problem with coil, valve, wiring or control. My money would be on the slick stik starting to go out.

Bad motor will not cause this problem. Next time it does it push harder on slick stik, if it works your control is on it's way out.

7. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Right... what I said.

8. royallawn

royallawn Senior Member
    from kansas

reach down, pull up the black plug that connects to the stick. it wiggles loose. happens to both of mine. as soon as it goes left instead of up, I just pull up on it. no big deal.