1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 to e60 lift ram swap/compatibility?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by JeepCoMJ, Oct 10, 2012.

1. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

I rebuild Meyer pumps during the winter.

Anyways, I've got an e60 here right now. it needs a full reseal, and for the life of me, I can not figure out why on earth the master seal kit for it is $113, when the master seal kit for the e47 is only $43.

I know the rams are the same

the packing cups are different (e60 smaller diameter....for higher pressure???)

the lift cylinders are also different (e60 smaller ID...higher pressure?), but they are the same height dimensionally, and the same base diameter.

the wipe seal is the same, but the cap I believe is different as a direct result of the variances of the lift cylinder.

in looking at the seals, the only obvious differences are the lift seal on the packing cup, and the pump housing seal. everything else seems to have a suitable (i.e. identical) counterpart to seals on the e47

Can I swap the appropriate parts with no ill effects? it will bring cost down considerably. my only concern is that I don't negate the gains of the e60's lift and turn speed by putting the larger packing cup and such on it. I am keeping this pump and replacing my e47 with it...it will be ridiculously fast on a 6.5' blade on my jeep comanche, and time reduced plowing my 2 mile driveway would be fantastic.

Thoughts?