1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 To E57 Convertion Kit

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by EJK2352, Dec 4, 2002.

1. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

Stopped by my plow dealer yesterday and saw a pump an motor kit to upgrade a Meyer E47 to an E57. I was told Meyer is dropping the E47 unit. Has anyone put this upgrade motor and pump on an E47??? I was quoted $300 for the kit, is it worth buying??? ED

2. Chief Plow

Chief Plow Senior Member

Ive never heard of an e-57. I ran a couple of meyers with an e-60. I think they just bolt right in.... ( I believe anyways)
    Rick

3. racer0175

racer0175 Member

the e57 looks just like the e47 except it has an e60 elec. motor on it...

i saw a pic when i was looking at meyers systems...i had an e60 and i believe a big problem was water in the motors, and bad grounds...had a motor actually freeze up and when i took it apart it was about half full of water....

i believe that the e47 is much more reliable but it is slow, but since the motor is on-end any water or condensation would run down the case and not affect the motor

salesman said he didn't know why they changed the style, i told him what happened to me, and dispite the fact that the new e60 motors now have a spot for an additional ground, and a weep hole for water, he said the old motors have NO problems....

i think this pump will be better, and if your looking for speed then convert the e47, otherwise since a rebuilt e60 motor is (i think) about 180, the conversion price seems fair, you would prob pay over $1000 for an e57 new...

western motors are on end, i know cause i'm lookin at one:D

but i think this is an improvement for meyer...i would get a cover too...pain in the arse to take off, but at least those solenoids will stay dry....