1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Swivel

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BigDBoots, Dec 28, 2013.

1. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

Fellas, I am trying to chase down an issue and my plow sales guy, Smith Bros Plow Parts, said to change the couplers, hoses (they were really old) and remove the swivel 90 degree elbow off of the block…. problem is the swivel will not break free of the block so as to be replaced w/ the tall 90 degree rigid elbow(I am afraid to really wrench down on it and do damage to the block)…..
    What should I do?
    Thanks ~Eric~

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Little bit of heat. Might not take to much, and its aluminum so nice and easy

3. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

On the swivel or the block? Thanks

4. Fantastic

Fantastic Senior Member

On the block... You want to expand the block not the swivel. At least that's what my memory tells me to do.

5. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

The block....

6. JeepCoMJ

JeepCoMJ Senior Member

Put the pump in a vice And use a monkey wrench.

7. Fourtrax250R

Fourtrax250R Senior Member

good idea on getting rid of the swivels.... they will fail/leak eventually .

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  8. BigDBoots

BigDBoots Senior Member

To follow up,

I banged this out w/ new hoses and couplers (pin-type) yesterday. I sawzalled the swivel off, carefully as there is not much to it, and used an 11/16 deep socket to get it off. I had to gorilla it but it saw things my way. I opted to not try heat unless I needed to. Thanks for the help,

Cheers,
    Eric

9. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

i just snapped the leaking swivel off mine.
    once the top was out of the way, the bottom section threaded rite out with a 6 point 11/16 socket