1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Suggestions

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by John B, Jan 20, 2007.

1. John B

John B Junior Member
    from ohio

Hello everyone,
    I have an E47 that angles both ways just fine but is a little on the slow side to raise and sounds a little labored when doing so.I'm going to change fluid tomorrow and check the screens.Any one have any other thoughts as to what the problem may be? Fluid looks to be in good shape and all the electrical connections are clean.:help:

Thanks in advance,
    John

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sound's like the motor's a little weak.In addition to the fluid and filter change I'd pull the motor off and check the inside for corrosion and the brushes for wear. If it doesn't look too good inside just replace the motor rather than fooling around and having it rebuilt.Replacement one's aren't expensive.

3. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

The motors are fairly cheap. One of the problem with an E-47 is how slowly they lift.
    Mines a bit slower because it's lifting a heavy four springer. You can get a new end cap for the motor. But just figure all the other parts have seen the same amount of use / abuse.