1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 stuck right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Stan, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

When angled all the way to the right, the plow gets stuck. When I remove the left hose there seems to be a build up of pressure. I'll collapse the male end of the coupler which relieves pressure and will work fine until the right ram is bottomed out. I temporarily welded 2" spacers thinking it may be wear in the sector but problem still exists.
    The other night the driver may have hit an object while plowing slow and the C valve blew off with the coil no where to be found. It only left the base of the valve. Never saw anything like that! I removed what ever was left of the valve, installed a new one and coil. Problem is still sticking to the left. I'm thinking pressure relief valve?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have you checked the couplers?

3. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Couplers are brand new, changed them several times

4. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

Do a search, this was discussed recently in depth, there seems to be a "fix" according to Meyer. Sometimes the stops on the sector frame get worn, you may have to weld a new stop to keep the plow from angleing quite so far. This was the only thing to help mine.
    Does it do the same thing left? I would look the stop areas over good and see if they have excessive wear.
    Good luck!

5. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I did weld spacers as stated in the 1st post. I actually went another 1.5" on the right side. It is only stuck to the right (passenger) side.

6. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Is the motor straining like its building pressure? Maybe something's binding up in the sector/ A frame. I have my couoplers set up so when I unhook them from the pump I can hook them together letting fluid run freely between the angle cylinders. With the plow off the ground I can then manually move the plow left to right and check for binding.

7. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

sorry, I guess I missed that part in the op, the only other thing I can think of would be maybe a bad piston seal or the crossover valve.
    I too have my hoses so I can hook them together when off the truck, then I can move the a-frame back and forth. I use an old hose cut in half to flush and refill the cylenders like in smith bros vids. It may be worth a shot to flush them and refill them.
    good luck

Another thing I just looked at the E47 service manual and perhaps the pilot check valve got damaged from the extreme pressure when the driver hit something?

Last edited: Jan 1, 2011
  8. lawnmedic

lawnmedic Senior Member

What are you putting on for new couplers? Often the cheaper couplers cause the problems you are having. Also they need to be a matched set. There are at least 3 different types out there that will appear to connect, but may not allow fluid transfer both directions.

9. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Does not appear that the motor is straining. I have all the plows rigged the same as you mentioned connecting together. If I try that the plow will not move manually until I release the pressure from the right piston. Once that is done, connecting the hoses together the plow moves like butter with no binding.

10. Stan

Stan Senior Member

All pin type from CPW

11. Stan

Stan Senior Member

If it was the ck or cross over valve wouldn't get stuck to the left as well?

12. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Must be pump related. I installed a fresh rebuild and works fine. Took the bad pump and hooked it to the test stand. It works fine, guess I'll tear it down for a rebuild.

13. WetChicken

WetChicken Senior Member

Make sure your valves are working properly. I had the problem on one side also.

14. Stan

Stan Senior Member

I replaced the c valve and solenoid and the problem still exists. My guess its a bad pa block.

15. FisherVMan

FisherVMan Senior Member

16. Stan

Stan Senior Member

What are you supposed to mean by that newbie?