1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 stuck at full angle Help!

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by shivdor, Jan 7, 2011.

1. shivdor

shivdor Junior Member

I had an older e47 rebuilt because it stuck on the full angle left. The repair shop said the crossover relief have was bad. I then had the pump rebuilt and placed on a new style mount which comes off the truck in the summer. The problem is that the angle is stuck again and I am unable to disconnect the angle hoses to relieve the pressure. I will be taking back to the shop but I need to get the plow off. Any suggestion.....Anyone else with this problem?

2. shivdor

shivdor Junior Member

By the way this was the first time that I used the plow since the rebuild and I was only plowing my driveway and didn't hit anything

3. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Not to be a smart a$$, put did you check the fluid level, my old E60 would lock to the left or right when it was low on hyd oil.

4. fordsuvparts

fordsuvparts Senior Member

You will have to crack a line open to disconnect the couplers, then replace the couplers and try again,

5. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

take a soft hammer and tap the ring on the coupler down and it will pop right off.

6. shivdor

shivdor Junior Member

I did check the fluid level first thing. I put a call into the place that rebuilt the pump. I guess if they have no ideas I will try to unscrew the fitting down my the cylinder ram on the plow itself

7. turf&snow98

turf&snow98 Junior Member

I have an e47 that does this every once and a while, I push it up against a tree or a curb or whatever then its fine for another couple months, don't know why, bought it used did it from day one.

8. shivdor

shivdor Junior Member

Called the shop that rebuilt the plow this summer and they had me unhook the black wire and place the green wire into the black fitting and had me hit the angle switch. The plow moved. They said that the switch isn't getting enough voltage and the switch is bad. I am getting a new switch today and hopefully it will fix the problem. He said that is a common problem of the switches going bad. I hope so.