1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Stops Short when Angling

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by nateafowler, Dec 12, 2008.

1. nateafowler

nateafowler Junior Member

I have an TM6.5 with an e47 pump and I noticed when I angle left and let off the switch it glides to a stop as it’s supposed to but when I angle right and let off the switch the entire plow almost stops short.

The other problem I’ve been having and I haven’t had time to play with the wiring yet because it’s raining is when I go up with the plow it angles left a little each time I hit the switch.

Any help would be appreciated, Nate

2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Nate, on the first question that seems normal for an E-47, I might be wrong. But here's why: when angling left that is the default or open passage so no valve involved just the motor and pump slowing to a stop when you let off. When you angle right you are activating a valve, so when you let off the valve deactivates and stops the flow of fluid immediately. No coasting to a stop when going right.

On the second question: an idea. On my E-60 I just had a similar problem, they both have the same valve block. Mine was a bad o-ring on the valve, here's a link to that thread. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=71838 The bad o-ring was allowing fluid to bypass the valve. You would want to check the A valve since it's going up.

Hope this helps. Thad

3. mksuwndr

mksuwndr Junior Member

also could be a bent plow A frame

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Thad got both the answers for you and he's correct on both accounts. What your describing is 100% normal, but is more pronounced on the lighter plows such as your TM series.

5. nateafowler

Awesome i'll check the valve seals thanks alot.

6. nateafowler

Totally correct on the short stopping, but when i replaced all the seals on all of the valves i still seem to have the same angling left when raising problem.

I ordered a new B valve, ball and spring because i accidentally broke the threads off the top of the valve but since that is the valve that makes its raise I’ll see what happens after i get the valve.

Thanks again