1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 stopped angling left

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DBDigger, Feb 20, 2005.

1. DBDigger

DBDigger Junior Member

e47 stopped angling right

Hey everyone.....My meyers e47 suddenly stopped angling the blade right.....the c coil will energize when the switch is moved left but when moved right the motor/pump makes a slightly different sound and the blade won't move right move...I cleaned/soaked all the valves and serviced all the electrical connections, flushed the pump and cylinders the best I could..I could not remove what I believe is the crossover valve on the side of the pump base because the nut is going to strip and before I go all out to remove it and probably have to replace it I wanted to check with you guys to see if I overlooked anything...I'm on disability and funds are tight so I'm trying to be as sure as I can be before I start replacing parts I really might not have to...After I flushed the pump and cylinders the blade cycled right and left twice and then stopped angling right again.....anyone have any ideas....I'm lost and it's suppose to snow tonight....Thanks in advance
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2005
  2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

The "C" valve coil shouldn't see current when you put the switch to the left as only the motor should run, so hope this was just a posting error.
    Possibly the "C" valve has stuck.
    You would need to remove it and have it's operation checked by installing the coil on it and then apply current and see if it moves it's full stroke.

Does your power unit run okay in both directions when you have the hose on the power unit connected to the couple on the unit?
    This would some what rule out valve, coil, switch problems.
    Please check your hydraulic couplers before you get any deeper into your unit, have seen many non angling plows have only coupler trouble.
    Hope this gets you going.
    :rolleyes: John................
  4. jpunlimited

jpunlimited Senior Member

I have an e 47 and it froze up after the 3rd storm. I took the unit inside and warmed it. it had alot of water in it. dropped the plug and flushed the angles. new fluid. I bought it new but I know it sat around because of the dates on the boxes. it has never been the same since. but I can't do a rebuild now. if you are in the same boat: watch the voltmeter when you try to move the plow in every direction. I had to put in a red top optima to get through the storm and then added a second bat. the gauge would dive and the plow would work poorly. also check the plug in and widen the pins. then use the trouble shooting guide from the other post. we just need to get through this month and we can do the proper maintenance.