1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 still wont hold right angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by cherokeeman01, Nov 30, 2010.

1. cherokeeman01

cherokeeman01 Junior Member

i have a e47 that ive had a problem with since last winter.it gos left and holds and goes right but can push blade back by hand! replaced check valve and o-rings on c valve last year!any advice????replace c valve??????

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

To clarify, which direction can it be pushed by hand? Left, right or either way? And which check valve did you change? The pilot check in the top of the valve block? What about the ball and spring under it?

3. cherokeeman01

I can push blade back from right postion. i replaced o-rings on c valve last winter and replaced check valve also. i cleaned c valve with k-1 and made sure it was opening also last winter.I picked up a e60 but the bottom lug is cracked where bottom bolt go's through.I was gonna pull c valve and try it to see.im gonna try welding lug once i tear e60 down.Im a welder by trade.....thanks much....you helped me out last winter with a few issues....(THE E60 IS A WORKING PUMP)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2010
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's either a blown cross over valve or a damaged pilot piston or it's ball, seat or spring. You mentioned that you replaced a "check valve", what exactly did you replace? If it was the pilot piston you're referring to, did you also check/replace the ball, spring and it's seat as well?

5. cherokeeman01

I ended up buying a one peice cross over releif and put it in tonight and it works fine. I didnt mess with the center screw on the 1 peice cross over,plow turns both ways and holds now!! whats screw for and should i mess with it? is it for pressure like the orig?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Correct, the screw adjusts the relief pressure just like the original one. If you don't have the pressure gauge to properly check and if needed adjust it...leave it alone and try it under actual plowing conditions as is. If it seems a little weak to hold you can adjust it slightly in small increments from there. Not really the right way to do it but it's a reasonable substitute as long as you don't over adjust it.

7. cherokeeman01

hey thanks for your help,now im off to work on my e60 i just picked up.thanks again...