1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Squirter/won't move

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by pittdogg25, Oct 26, 2008.

1. pittdogg25

pittdogg25 Junior Member
    from Ohio

It squirts fluid out a small hole in the base just below the motor and will not raise, or move left or right. The motor is good, the pump is running. I have replaced the A, B, and C solenoids and valves. I followed the diagnostic flowchart in my repair manual and have done everything it says. I have no idea what to check next. HELP!!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The pump seal under the motor is blown out. Which is usually due to a worn out gear pump. But just replacing the pump seal in the old pump is usually a 99% waste of time and money. The gear pump is worn out, replace it.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You will get a lot better service life out of an OEM product then an aftermarket gear pump.

4. pittdogg25

pittdogg25 Junior Member
    from Ohio

The gears appear to be in good shape. The motor and pump were replaced 3 years ago and it has been used less than 10 times. The shaft seal was blown out and I put it back in place and when I tried it again, the seal blew out again immediately and it is still squirting fluid. Any idea what to check next? There seems to be a blockage somewhere. The only other thing I know I need to do is flush the entire system.

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Bad gear pump.:D

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

100% agree. Have brand new parts out of the box fail in short order many many times. Just because it's like new doesn't mean it can't fail.

The gears usually do look good, even on a worn or defective pump. It's the excessive clearances between the pump housing and the gears as well as bushings that create the problem.