1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 snow plow problems

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by apex809, Dec 1, 2013.

1. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

Have a older 7ft6 plow. Have everything hooked up in garage. When i hit the up down or side to side switches all i get is clickes from the coils. I did replace the b outer coil because wire was broke and also replaced the selonid. I can get the electric motor to run if i bypass the selonid,but can not with it. (does the same with the old and new selonid). Kinda stumped?? Was going to buy new electric motor,but wanted to get some advice first. Plow as been a sitting a while. Cleaned all connections and new connectors as well. Thanks.

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well you need to ck pwr out of the solenoid. Also your gnd. Then make sure you have pwr and gnd at the motor. While you are using that function

3. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

Not getting anything out of the selonid. when i use any of the switches. How can i check the selonid? Its brand new.

4. dieselss

Test light. What I would do first. Disconnect the pwr at the motor. Just incase something happens.
    Clamp on gnd, while somemore presses the up, left, right buttons, take other end at the terminals. 2 small (one should light the test light while the buttons are pressed, and then go out when they are released) and then the other big stud. Report back your results

5. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

Nothing. Could i got a bad selonid.(possibly hooked up wrong?) If i jump the selonid the motor works.

6. dieselss

Are you getting signal pwr and gnd at the solenoid?

7. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Guessing you have the dual switch set up. Check the white wire on the back of the switches for power when pressing up, right or left. This is the signal wire for solenoid. Then follow it out to solenoid for any breaks. Where did you get the new solenoid?

8. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

got it. didnt have the selonid grounded.(duh). Everything working now. Just will not angle right now.

9. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

10. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

11. kimber750

c valve, coil or switch could be the issue. Check for magnetism on the c coil, should be green wire. If you magnetism, replace the valve. No magnetism, check for power. No power it is switch, power it is coil. You can also swap the B and C coils to test.

12. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

both coils have magnetism. if i switch the wire using only the right angle toogle. Does nothing going left. neither coils will do anything. NO clicks.

13. kimber750

If C has magnetism and motor runs and it still goes left you have a bad C valve.

14. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

yeah, motor runs. When i toogle left it doesn't anything. Plow is closet to to passenger side. Just making sure iam not looking at this backwards. Iam i making sense here.

15. kimber750

Is this a new to you plow? Meyer pumps dont use any valves to go left, just the motor. C valve goes right. B goes up. A valve lowers. At no point should two valves be magnetized at the same time. It sounds like your plow is stuck all the way right. Could be very possible your power angle hoses are hooked up backwards.

Which pump do you have?

Never mind just remember the thread title.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2013
  16. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

yes new to me. there not at the same time. iam just switching wire back and forth. Right toggle if i switch wire i can get the coils to be magnetized not at the same time. if i toggle left they will not magnetize.

17. kimber750

Make sure hoses are correct. Still think you have a bad C valve.

1111.jpg

18. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

Hoses are hooked correct. Goes up and down fine. 1st hooked up i toggles right all the way will not toggle left. now. Have changed c coil,because of broken wire. Or could i have a bad coupler? Like i said i toggle left the motor kicks on. just doesnt move

19. apex809

apex809 Junior Member
    from Boone

Sorry changed b coil. C coil does magneitze. Both magneitze when i switch wires.

20. kimber750

Ok, still has to be the C valve. Not the coil, the part screwed into the angle block. Normally couplers will cause both lines to be very difficult to disconnect.