1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 smooth left jerky right

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by BPK63, Nov 19, 2006.

1. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

This is not a real big deal but I thought I would throw it out here. When I raise the plow and then angle left and release the stick it comes to a smooth stop and sounds like the motor stops smoothly, with kind of a wind down sound. When I angle to the right and release the stick it stops abruptly with a jerk. I have two different e47 pumps, one is a backup, and they both work the same. Just wondering if anybody knows what is causing this? I'm thinking the stick?

2. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ill bet your not using a touch pad???. If not what your experiencing is normal, I noticed the same thing and I went to the factory In Euclid, Ohio and asked them directly.And If your using a joy stick you will experience this. If you use a touch pad them they fixed this in the circuit of the touch pad. They built in timers into it to correct this prob. Hope this helps...Rob

3. starc

starc Senior Member

Check the fluid level, sounds a bit low maybe. Try just lifting the blade just a touch off the ground so there is more oil in the reservoir and see if it still does it.

4. go plow

go plow Senior Member

NORMAL! all my meyers did that since new...

5. go plow

go plow Senior Member

i just remembered that my meyers dealer told me that on the control, one side has one switch or contact and the other side has two, thats why it does that ...

6. BPK63

BPK63 Senior Member
    from CT

Right I have the joystick. Is it easy to put in the touchpad? Same wiring?

7. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Its normal for it to do this, I dont know if you ever knowticed but when you jog the plow up it will ever so slightly turn to the left, this too is normal. Meyer put timers in the touch pad to correct this flaw but it will not hurt anything. If it really bothers you it can be changed, but you will need the wire harness from the controler to the plow. The joy stick harness is different. If your somewhat mechanical then you shold be able to switch it yourself. Its not cheep though. Personaly I prefer the joystick myself. Hope this helps....Rob