1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 slowly drops when up

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by fordsrbetter, Dec 15, 2003.

1. fordsrbetter

fordsrbetter Junior Member

hello everyone been coming to the site for about 3 months have done a lot of searches and learned alot
    e47 7.5' meyer any way new problem started after i gave the system a drain and flush. filled with new fluid and plow drops when it is up i have to keep raising it while driving to different locations. it will also somtimes drop really slowly (the fix when it does this is to raise it then really fast put it to float . everthing was working perfect until i drained the old fluid out. cleaned all the screens before new fluid. just got done running the truck for 12hrs no problems at all accept my back is sore. this last 6" was the first time running the truck and plow.

sorry for such a long post. happy holidays to all D.J.:waving:

2. jmassi

jmassi Senior Member

The problem is the A valve which is located on the backside of the pump. It needs to be replaced. What happens is the A valve prevents the fluid in the lift cylinder from returning to the tank until you lower the plow. When the valve wears out, fluid leaks past the valve back to the tank causing the plow to lower slowly. Replace it and you should be fine.

Good Luck!!:D