1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 slow to lift

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by RH31379, Dec 30, 2012.

1. RH31379

RH31379 Member

I just got an e47 setup for one of my jeeps. It sat for a yr or so the previous owner said. we've had a few bugs to work out, changed the fluid and installed a basic seal kit because the plow kept dropping. fixed that problem but.... the plow runs fine left to right about 5 seconds from full left to full right, that's about the same speed as my western on the other jeep. When you go to raise the plow its super slow. it will come up but not fast enough.
    any ideas on what this may be or how and what to test?
    thanks

2. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

first get a pressure gage in line and see what ya got .( might need a friend to help with this )
    might have to hook to the pressure port and get a reading there ,,,,1650 psi
    allso clean the 2 strainers in the front and see if that helps

3. .5racer

.5racer Senior Member

4. JDLipinski

JDLipinski Junior Member

Is the motor working hard to lift the plow or is it spinning easy and not doing anything?

5. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Sometimes they can go up slowly due to worn piston seal, worn/rusty cylinder, or a sticking valve. If the motor runs or sounds different when lifting vs angling, then it is probably an electrical or motor issue (weak) rather than hydraulic.