1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 reseal

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bashby, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I was going to order a master seal kit from angelo's and was wondering if there are any other parts I should replace while I'm in there. Also, is the OEM kit worth the extra $$? $15.99 vs $78.99 Ive seen brushes for the motor but cant find them on angelo's site

2. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

a seal kit should be all you need when you take it apart and put it back together and test it you might find out you need valves or coils.. i wouldnt wast my money on a cap and brush kit it may help but if the motor is going out replace the motor, meyer has a 3" motor, a 3" motor has to work very hard to run a snowplow and a cap and brush kit will only help for a while. jmo

3. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

seals

depends on what your getting in the kit ,most of the low dollar kit's are distributed buy sam's and sold every were .sam's makes a cap and brush kit for the e-47 .i haven't had any problem with them ,but if you listen to the guy's that do it all the time go oem ! make sure and check the lift ram and tube for pitting ,if you reseal it with these pitted or in bad shape you have just thrown away your money :salute:

4. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

the motor works fine, one time it got stuck and a tap with the hammer freed it up. The unit is pretty old and the wiper is cracked up. The o ring around the cap leaks also

5. 78W200

78W200 Member

I just got my master kit from angelo's on Friday for the E 47. I went with the 15.99 one. To me an oring is an oring I don't care who makes it. I have used alot of aftermarket parts for plows and MOST not all seem to be just fine. BTW it does have the pump seal in it.