1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 rebuild

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Bashby, Oct 20, 2009.

1. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

I've got an old E47 I was planning on putting a seal kit in. I was planning on ordering filters also but I wonder if there's anything else I should replace while in there...or maybe I should just leave it alone. I was also going to order a couple aftermarket solenoids to have just in case. Are the oem's that much better?

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I prefer OEM. If you buy aftermarket test it before you put it on the shelf. I've had bad out of the box, not a problem limited to the aftermarket but more prevalent there.

Just a tip If you have trouble getting a coil off of a valve, order a complete assembly, and throw the old one away. Do not rebuild/disassemble anything that requires a pressure gage to adjust unless you have a pressure gage.

3. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

Any and all tips/ tricks appreciated