1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Rebuild Cost??

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by tom718, Nov 10, 2006.

1. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Hello Just wanna say thanks for this great site. I am in my 4th year of plowing with a few acounts. I have a E47 pump that was taken apart and cleaned. Gonna be my back up pump. It's ready to be put back together. I have all the parts new o-ring set, moter, paint, and decals. I was planning on doing this myself how ever I was thinking maybe just let the local meyer shop do it seeing I never done one before. My question is how much should I pay for this rebuild. All I need is for him to put it back together and test it. No paint and I have all the parts. So what you guys think for just labor? How long would this take a pro to do?

Thanks again...

Tom718

2. nobletousha13

nobletousha13 Senior Member
    from VA

2 hrt

2 hrs i think

3. LLM Ann Arbor

LLM Ann Arbor Senior Member

Angelos does if for like 90 dollars. Plus needed parts but since you already have the kit.

Well spent dollars if you ask me.

4. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Who is Angelos???

Thanks

Tom718

5. Luppy

Luppy Senior Member

Click here for Angelos.
    Since joining this forum I've bought all my snowplow parts from them.
    Very reliable, good prices, and fast shipping. :waving:

6. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Damnnnnnn!!!! I wish I saw that site last night. I overpaid big time. I bought three new valves and coils "A" was $40.69 , "B" was $71.06 , "C" was $75.36 , "Hose line set" was 51.99 plus shipping ofcoarse.

Anglo has them for

A= $39.00
    B= $51.50
    C= $56.50
    HLS= $35.50

$239.10 :gunsfiring: :angry:

$182.50 :drinkup:

$56.60 savings if I went with Anglo's I wonder If I can cancel the order. :cry: This just shows that it pays to shop around before you buy anything.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Yea, Angelos is great. I buy lots of parts from them every year and there prices can't be beat. I also buy from Central parts warehouse sometimes too. There prices are usually comparable to Angelos but there website is awesome!

8. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Little off topic but I am gonna order this sander/spreader...

TGS05B Low Profile Spreader 10.79 Cubic Ft Or 809 Lbs Capacity ($30.00 Palletized Fee Added To Order For Shipping Purposes.) 1033.50 795.00

Great price for sure!!!

9. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

You could order the repair manual and save the cost of rebuilding labor.

It pays to serf the inter-net for parts and " stuff ". I saved $40 a piece on exhaust manifolds with free shipping too. Also $53 for the EGR pipe vers $86 at FORD.
    Full install Windows XP $65

10. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

another cool site is plowparts warehouse ppw.com they have a seperate way ...you have to find the part you need then look up the part number for the price, best to order the catalog, only a few bucks cheaper than angelos but the shipping is faster ive notivced if you wanna spend the time cross referencing numbers.

angelos has the best deal on plow hoses period for the 45" swivelhoses for $8.50 you cant beat it

mill supply is a few bucks cheaper too for coils and seals, shipping is lightning fast (maybe its where im located im sure)

my bookmarks are :

www.ppwarehouse.com
    www.centralparts.com
    http://www.millsupply.com/ --tons of truck parts much like lmc too!
    www.angelos-supplies.com/plowparts --when it snows its angelos man!

11. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

but wait we also should be supporting out sponsors, to keep this place free...right?

12. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

MickiRig1

Thats what I did. I found the .pdf of the pump on the meyers site. The total cost of this rebuild was about 100$ cost in parts. I bought a new moter for about 38$ a can of spray paint at LOL 12$ "Local Dealer Crook" and a 0-Ring set. It took me a good day or so doing the research, but what i've learned doing it is pricesless. I am now doing my E-60. I am waiting parts. This one should only take a hour or two. So it was worth the time for me to learn how to do it myself. I like doing alot of stuff myself, but I figured if it was cheap enough it's nice just dropping it off and picking it up. That wasn't the case for sure. So for about 300$ I got two nicely rebuilt pumps. And I learned a boat load too. :drinkup:

13. MickiRig1

Like I always say " The information you seek is in a BOOK or a WEB SITE somewhere, Find it! "
    I just hate to pay people to do stuff ! I can do cheaper and most times better because it's mine and I care about the outcome.

14. nobletousha13

from VA

cheap parts = crap parts

didnt we forget, you get what you pay for. angelos and other places are buyting chinese crap on a stick for cents on the dollar and sellling it for a good profit. Does anyone not care anymore, about quality. What is the warranty from these places. Atleast when you buy a valve from a meyer dealer you have a warranty. Has it really come done to the cheapest guy right now, just so they can screw me the next year when the same damn thing happens again. But hey who am I to complain, we are all just cheap whores that want the best service for the cheapest dollar, which can never happen. :yow!:

15. nobletousha13

from VA

again

to say angelos is soo goood. i just found a center deflector for a western from www.esitrucks.com that was roughly 10% cheaper. Guess what it said WESTERN ORIGINAL EQUIPMENT. Sorry for my rant, but the proof is in the pudding you get what you pay for. If I'm wrong let me know, please. Have your cheap parts held up??????? Is there anyone that has experienced better performance with aftermarket parts over the O.E.M. parts. Just wonderin now. :sleeping:

16. tom718

tom718 Junior Member

Tell me this.. How can a Meyers Dealer sell the same exact can of meyer's yellow spray paint for 12$ per can and Angelo sells it for 4$. These valves are in the same packaging that the " Authorized Meyer Dealer " is selling for half the cost. It does make you wonder. I've now rebuilt two pumps and they seem to operate nicely. I'll let ya know when one breaks. I am not impressed with my local Meyer's Dealer and prob wont ever go there again. Also you should always have spare parts to get you out of any jam.

:drinkup:

17. JAMES DERBY

JAMES DERBY Junior Member

What I Wolud Like To Know Is What Seal Kit Does Angelo's Use. It Is My Understanding There Are To Different Seal Kits A Basic And A Master. My Area Dealers Sell Master Kits For About 50-75 Dollars.

18. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

James,you are correct. There is two seal kit's from Meyer.The basic kit doesn't include any of the O-rings for the valve's and the master includes every seal for the entire pump.The one that Angeolo's sell's for $22.00 is the master kit.Iv'e used many of the Angeolo's kits and I've never had a problem with them.

19. MickiRig1

I agree 3/4's of the parts I have bought from Millsupply are Meyer Parts. Where do you think the OEM suppliers have their stuff manufactured? Mexico? China? Indonesia?

20. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Your right on the money about Meyer and others using foreign component's.An E60 with a genuine Meyer 2 terminal "ISKRA" style motor will have a decal on it that says "made in Slovenia" right on it. Just because your buying factory parts DON'T mean your getting a USA made part!