1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 RAM won't go down.

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by A6A6, Nov 25, 2014.

1. A6A6

A6A6 Junior Member

Irecently had the puMp rebuilt And motor replaced. The ram was extended from me carrying it from the bolt thru the hole in ram head. It makes a convenient handle. The ram wont go down. I removed fluid, flushed, removed filter nut and drain nut and left off while removing a coil and valve. With valve out, and both plugs off, it wont budge. Coil was magnetized and harness works for other pump. It wont even budge a.hair.... im Ready to quit.... idk what the hell it can be..... HELP!!!!!

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  2. A6A6

A6A6 Junior Member

All electrical is in point. All coils are magnetized....

Forgot to mention, while hooking pump on truck, pos and negative power wires to electric motor were Mixed up and powered, at most I think pump only spun backwards or I hope at least but ram was already fully extended.and stuck before that... im really stuck on this... valve seems clean and I hear click when I push in with screwdriver....

Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  3. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

It could be just tight by it just being rebuilt or the person rebuilding it assembled it without pre oiling the seals. Take it apart and pull the lift ram out to see whats going on. Meyer website tells how to do this. Its a simple procedure just have a basic seal kit on hand.