1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 raises slowly and won't angle

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Lawn Enforcer, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Lawn Enforcer

Lawn Enforcer Senior Member

I bought a plow with the E47 in 2010. Had the E47 rebuilt by the dealer before the '10/'11 snow season, worked great all year. Now this year I hooked it up and it worked just fine. Noticed the lines were very brittle from sitting outside so I replaced them and brought the fluid up to the right level. Hooked them back up and the plow was a little shaky while I moved it up and down, side to side (figured there might be some air in the lines and it would work itself out) and it seemed to start getting better. The next day I went to move the truck and the plow went up and down just fine but it angled slowly until now it doesn't even angle either way and it is now very slow going up. Where should I start to look?

2. Popeye2347

Popeye2347 Junior Member

I would first recheck the hydraulic fluid level in case any leaked out or trapped air worked itself out and caused a low fluid level. If that checks OK, I would check the electrical connections to the plow, first visually, then voltage, and last of all amperage [amps]. Doubtful but if it still doesn't work you may have a solenoid problem, but someone else will have to help with that troubleshooting..

Disclaimer... I have little or no snowplow experience however I have lots of military aircraft experience, so form your own opinion about this advise..YMMV....I know, first post and all.........

3. Lawn Enforcer

Well I went out and rechecked the fluid and it was low, I added and worked the plow up and down, and repeated that process 6 times until the fluid was at the correct level then everything started working again. Now it's fast in all positions. I knew it wasn't electrical right away because the pump and everything was working, it just wasn't moving.

4. Popeye2347

Popeye2347 Junior Member

Wonderful, glad I could help. I too doubted the electrical end but had to mention it as a cause-that's why I mentioned the fluid level first.

5. Lawn Enforcer

Not bad for your first suggestion on plowsite! Thanks!