1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 quit working

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by CalC, Jan 20, 2005.

1. CalC

CalC Junior Member
    from WNY

Hello, I was out plowing the drivway this afternoon & the plow quit working. It won't go up or down or left & right. It is a 2 toggle switch setup. All I get is clicking if I try up & left to right. Any help would be appreciated. I'm going out to work on it again. I'll check back a little later. Thanks Cal
  2. SteveB(wi)

SteveB(wi) Member

Here is a link to the Meyers repair manual it has some decent troubleshooting steps. It sounds like your pump motor isn't working. the solenoid is clicking but the motor is not turning. I would first check all the power wires to the motor. Try putting power right to the motor with jumper cables. You can also try jumping the solenoid. I usually use a pair of channel lock pliers to jump the two big terminals.

3. CalC

CalC Junior Member
    from WNY

Thanks SteveB(wi). I did what you suggested & the motor brushes were
    junk. I cleaned up the armature & put in new brushes & bushings & it works great. Thanks again CalC