1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 question, any help?

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by fga, Dec 5, 2005.

1. fga

fga Member

long time no post. got our first storm yesterday.
    i hooked up my plow for the first time, without any tune up, or even a check up. i didn't think we where going to get any snow...

my plow worked fine, but i noticed it would get stuck angleing back and fourth ocasionally. As soon as something would bump it, or if i dropped the plow to push, it work fine again.
    what would cause this to "freeze" temporarily? once its moving, i can plow fine... but if i leave it for awhile, like driving between accounts without angling while driving... it will be stuck until its gets alittle bump.

also, when its stuck, you can still hear the motor working, when i hit the button, so the juice is going there.

2. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Quick disconnects gone bad.

3. fga

fga Member

that's it? great. thanks. (sigh of relief)

just so i learn something, how did the quick connect cause the plow to do this?

4. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Rust or funk doesn't allow the valve to open. No way to clean them out. Angelo's has them for $7.50

5. fga

fga Member

thanks for the info. i remember when i was connecting the hoses, the female end on the unit itself, was really stiff and tight. i used some hyrdraulic fluid on my finger to lubricate it so it would slide.
    makes sense now, thanks again.

6. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Ye what he said.....Rob

7. bjlinma

bjlinma Junior Member

Angelo's ???

Is "Angelo's" a local place or a website I can mail order from?
    Post the link please, if you have it.
    thanks,

8. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member