1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 pump?

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by chris79792000, Jan 15, 2009.

1. chris79792000

chris79792000 Junior Member
    from Indiana

Was wondering what controllers would interface with the e47 pump. Also is there any way to make the pump raise faster? And lastly how big of a blade can the e 47 handle. As of right now it only has a seven footer hoping to go to at least an eight footer. thanks for any info.:confused::

2. swa136

swa136 Senior Member

Toggle switch, slick stick, touch pad, provided you have the matching wiring harness. Make sure your pump pressure is at 1600 psi. E47 will lift 8 footer with no problem. :salute:

3. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

I just asked the same questions not too long ago.The problem is you have limited movement with the slick stick and the touchpad. The old school toggles seem to be the way to go.Just have to have them in a convenient spot for you to use. And why would you want to have your pump raise faster? But there is no adjusting that.

4. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

5. chris79792000

from Indiana

What do you mean you have limited movement? Also with the e57 parts replacement it all just bolts up?

6. chris79792000

from Indiana

I know I have alot of questions,but I'm newbie and trying to learn. How would you check to see if your pump pressure is at 1600 psi? Also the reason for me asking about it raising faster was while plowing the other day it seemed as the plow was raising slower as the day went by. I think my starter motor is going bad. Also the switch will quit on me every once in awile and I have to wiggle the raise switch to get it to go up. The left and right works flawlessly.

7. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

The E57 pump/motor is a bolt on upgrade.
    If you have the dual toggle switches, just buy a new raise/lower switch, they're cheap.
    To check pressure you need to connect a gauge to one of the angle ports.
    Here's the service manual.. http://www.meyerproducts.com/upload/forms/1-562%20R16.pdf

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I have used all of them but I prefer the hand controller. It's your choice what is easier for you. They all do the same thing and there is not a differece between them. To check your pressure you need to go to the hardware store with a set of quick couplers. What you need to do is a get an T adapter that will thread into both of the quick couplers and then you use the middle part of the T to hook up a guage. Then unhook you plow hose and intall this to see what the pressure is. Let us know if you need more help or if your confused.

9. chris79792000

from Indiana

Thanks alot for the information.

10. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Are you serious? That is the main reason I hate Meyers. Have you ever used anything with a fast pump? If not, you'll change your mind when you do. Slow moving pumps are a waste of time, and time is $$. I'm all Western, but love Boss pumps b/c they're so fast. I have 1 truck with an E47 and all I can say is it's a good thing I never drive that truck.

11. artic429

artic429 Senior Member

My 47 raises pretty quick but what i was getting at was the drop time is what i cant stand...... hell i can get a smoke outta my pocket and light it before the plow hits the ground. I would be happier with faster drop than faster up time.

12. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

Yeah, that would drive me nuts too.

13. mark444

mark444 Junior Member

help looking for hydraulic pump for a1975 dodge custom100 as an st90 plow not sure if it is an e47 there are no numbers on it. these pumps and plows were installed by dodge when they built these trucks thank you mark email damein3@comcast.net

14. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

From what I remember most of the Dodge Snowfighters, at least in this area, from that time had engine driven hydraulic pumps. If not engine driven, in 1975 it would have been an E47. If your engine driven pump is shot you may be better converting to electric, either a Meyer E47/57/58/60 or a Monarch system. If you have an E47 it's rebuildable.

15. mark444

mark444 Junior Member

thanks it is engine driven. do you know where i might get one?

16. 04sd

04sd Senior Member
    from pa

I don't think Meyer has them anymore. If you want a new pump your best bet may be to try a Fisher dealer. Used you could look for Fisher also. The engine driven pumps are much more common on Fisher plows. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FISHER-SNOW-PLOW-HYDRAULIC-PUMP-WITH-PULLEY-BRACKETS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ72Q3a1171Q7c66Q3a2Q7c65Q3a12Q7c39Q3a1Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a1Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem320332259814QQitemZ320332259814QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

17. mark444

mark444 Junior Member

engine driven pump

thank you very much for your help

18. shortram

shortram Junior Member

need help i reversed the positive and negitive wires on the pumpmotor only tried it two or three times then changed it motor runs fast but it will not lift the ram anymore anybody have any inforamition on what i screwed up it is a meyers e47 i am going to try to see if replacing the lift/float coil helps ,the joystick seems to be working fine the pump motor works in the lift and left/right modes just no lifting or angel action pump used to work great the electric motor is in new condition removed it and done inspection all good any help wouyld be greatly appericiated

Last edited: Jan 20, 2012
  19. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

for you guys running the e 47 if you want to speed up production buy a meyer e 60.... best pump meyer ever made... way better than the e 57 and they will work with your old controls ....

20. MahonLawnCare

MahonLawnCare Senior Member
    from Ohio

I been looking for one. I picked up a f350 flatbed with a md2 with the e47 and i can out and jog around the truck before it goes side to side and up and down. SLOOOOOOWWWWWW. How do you test the motors? I am hopeful the motor is going and that's why its so slow but afraid its just the pump