1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 pump

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by gseinc57, Feb 12, 2008.

1. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

I have a E 47 and the pump pressure is only 750 psi, I spoke to bob @central parts .com yesterday about a kit to rebuild the pump, he tells me there is no gears in side the pump and that he has never seen any gears, he went on to say that he does sell a new pump for the 47 but does not know if the pump he sells has any gears in it, is this fellow for real ? , does anybody know if the pump that is sold by them part # 15026 is a complete pump with gears ?? or is it just a seal kit or what, he says its a complete pump.
    Thanks for your help. Greg S. gseinc57 Boise Idaho
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

LOL sounds like Bob needs a course in what he's selling, or you just had a discrepancy in wording...

The gear pump portion of the "plow pump unit" is a separate unit and self contained. If the gear pump is defective you replace the gear pump as an assembly (housing and internal gears together) but it simply unbolts from the side of the plow pump unit...

Here's a pic of the 15026 pump assembly that your looking for (gray part under electric motor)...which is the complete gear pump assembly with gears..hope I didn't confuse you :dizzy: :)

3. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

Thanks B & B

Thanks for the info, I knew there were gears in the pump, other wise how does it pump ? , I tore it apart last year as you had instructed me to, cleaned, inspected and reassembled, and still only had 750 psi, on the left angle hose, I was not aware that the pressure needed to be checked on the right side angle hose until I read it the other day when you replied to someone elses e 47 problem, now I guess I will have to check the pressure on the right side angle hose, I already tried turning the pressure up but it did not help, belive it or not I have plowed allyear with 750psi but it is getting slower,, even slower as the ambient air temp gets warmer, but thanks B & B your like the only person I can count on for a responce to a problem, you should be getting paid for this, and in part thanks to you I know my e 47 inside and out, there is still a few things I am learning, again thanks, Greg S. Boise Idaho.
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

:waving: Glad to help Greg. Thats what we're here for.

You can actually check the pump pressure in either hose. You just need to angle it in the correct direction for the hose you have the gage in. I always use the pass side hose as then I can simply jump the under hood solenoid to run the pump and dont have to hot wire the C coil also (to angle right). On a Meyer when you only power the pump, they angle left (default position), thats why I use the pass side hose.

I'm surprised it lifted with only 750 psi. Usually takes more than that to lift even a small blade. Unless you have the lift ram in the front hole on the lift arm on a light blade.
  5. gseinc57

gseinc57 Junior Member

B & B

OK, that makes sence about the default postion on the pump, and it is a 8 foot blade, and yes the lift ram is in the front hole of the lift arm, I notice that after plowing for 5 hours or so depending upon how long my runs are between lifts that the lift gets less and less but the angleing continues to work but slower, so I guess its time to buy one of those pumps cpw says has no gears in it, what a crack up, does he not know the basic theory and operation of any pump that pumps just about anything, oh well I will just have to educate them, thanks buddy, have a good one. Greg S. Boise Idaho
  6. LJ@CPW

LJ@CPW Junior Member

I don't mean to hijack your post but I felt it necessary to explain what Bob meant. I just spoke to him, and what he was trying to relay is that the gears only are not available, just the pump as a whole. The 15026 is the pump itself, not a seal/part kit. Again I apologize for any misunderstanding.