1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 pump rebuild

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by wanasrx, Nov 14, 2007.

1. wanasrx

wanasrx Junior Member
    from NY

Newbie here, Hello to everyone.
    I'm in the process of rebuilding my pump. Is there anything I need to do to the pump gear section. I plan on replacing the seal at the top were the motor slips over it. I haven't found any info on what to do with the gear section. Oil? grease? Should I take it apart?
    Any other info would be great. Thank you
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

i would not take it apart unless the pressure was down.if you do use a needle torque wrench to find out what the bolt pull off torque wise unless you can find the torque value . you can get them too tight !plow oil work's just fine for assembly fluid .just be careful digging out the seal .
  3. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I completely rebuilt the E47 on my backup truck today. Took about 3 hours. All the specs, parts diagrams and service manuals can be found on Meyers web site. I did a complete tear down including the pump. After completely disassembling the unit, cleaning and inspecting every part, replacing every o-ring and seal it works perfectly. I used blue plow fluid to lube everything as I assembled it. Besure to keep everything extra clean.
  4. wanasrx

wanasrx Junior Member
    from NY

Thanks guys!