1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 pump rebuild

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by bigoneton, Nov 21, 2005.

1. bigoneton

bigoneton Junior Member

Hey gang! Have an E47 setup that I bought used a few years back. Only do friend/family plowing. Anyway pump started leaking out weep hole two years ago so being a used rig, I replaced it. Getting everything ready for the coming winter, I noticed the "new" pump is now leaking as well. Went to the dealer, and of course they want me to buy the whole pump. Would like to rebuild (as I now have two to work with). Anyway, found a parts breakdown, and it shows a shaft seal (p.n. 155-0876). Will this do the trick, or does anybody know of a "kit" available. Thanks in advance!
  2. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Pump Rebuild

Go to Angelos-supplies.com.

Thet have a rebuild kit for $13.50.

If your going to rebuild part of the pump, you might as well do the whole pump.

Since you have 2 pumps, Do what I did when I learned to do a rebuild.
    Tear 1 Pump apart completely. Make sure you pay attention to what peices went where. Take each o-ring off the old parts and match it to one in the kit. Replace all o-rings, seals, etc., 1 at a time. If you get stuck, disassemble the part in question on the 2nd pump to find out how it goes together.

Shouldn't take more that an hour or 2 to do the whole job.

Meyers Web site also has instructions for this that you can download for free.

Make sure you lube all rings and seals w/ fluid before putting them on.

Flush the pump and tourque all fasteners to proper specs.

While you got everything apart, check your brushes. I always replace if they are worn past 75%.

Make sure you have all the tools you need before you start.
  3. bigoneton

bigoneton Junior Member

Thanks for the advice. I found Angelos after posting, but didn't see the rebuild kit. Asked the local dealer, and they said the tolerances were too tight to do myself, and suggested the $230 pump. I figured that between the two pumps I ought to be able to do something. Again, THANKS! I'll be ordering the new kit in the morning.
  4. 4speed

4speed Member

You should find this to be a relatively easy rebuild. Once you've done it, you will want to find a new dealer! Your tolerance for him may tighten up a bit.