1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 pump problem

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Sberry, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Sberry

Sberry Junior Member

We overhauled the pump unit and had the pressure relief backed out to start with. Went to raise and near the top of the stroke it blew the seal on the pump shaft and shot oil out the weep hole. Its obviously overpressured although we keept increasing the relief a bit at a time, would lift a man, then the plow and we figured it should lift a man and the plow. I know there is a pressure test but its got a custom thread on the port so we figured to do it a little at a time. Maybe we have the relief assembled wrong? But it seemed to work in increments.
  2. Sberry

Sberry Junior Member

I see there is a port below the seal that must provide lube to the seal and shaft. I am assuming it pressured up and popped the seal out. We hadnt bled the air out of the turn cyls yet, were just working with the up and down.
    I put a pic in, its blowing this seal out.

plow pump.JPG