1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Pump problem

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by thomasjkt, Jan 9, 2004.

1. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

Help:confused: I have an E47 Meyer pump on my plow and no matter what I try and do the plow angles to the right (passenger side). If I try and raise the plow it goes to the passenger side, if I try to angle to the driver side it angles to the passenger side. I looked in the troubleshooting guide and it says if the plow goes left when trying to raise or angle right to check "B" valve O-rings and to check "B" valve coil. I assume their looking at the plow from the front of the truck and not from the drivers seat. Anyway the o-rings look good and the coil is strong so does that mean the "B" valve is bad ? The last storm we had the plow started acting weird, when I would try to angle left it went right and when I went right it went left but up and down was fine. I changed the couplers and it seemed ok until today. Now all it will do is go right !!!!!!! This is really making me :mad: I'm ready to go at it with :gunsfiring: just kidding :D I'll hope it's something simple.
    Thanks for any info

2. SNOWPIMP

SNOWPIMP Member

are you getting power to the B valve ? If so are you getting magnetism? what about the screens that are in th B valve? The plunger on the b valve could be stuck! Grab on off a buddie's truck or just buy one and try it! Water could also be a problem ice will block the valve also! It sounds like a B valve problem to me!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2004
  3. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

I have power and magnetizm at B valve. I checked the screens and they seemed fine. How can I check the plunger ? All the guys around here have the newer Meyer pumps, would the valve be different ?

4. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

e47 problem

If you maintain a piece of equipment you should have the maintenance manual. They are below 10 dollars. The complet check out procedure is in this manual. This is the best $10 you can spend.

You will always pay for your education. Hanging parts on truck is an expensive way to learn.

Dave

5. fordracer

fordracer Junior Member

I live in morrisdale also and have a pump here at the garage with new coils and valves if you want to try them to see if thats your problem.

Dan Hummel jr

Hummel Construction

6. thomasjkt

thomasjkt Member

fordracer,
    where are you located in Morrisdale ? Sure you won't mind letting me try your valves ?

7. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Go to Meyers website and you can download a manuel, or you can email or call Meyers and they will send you one at no cost. They are great people to deal with!

8. fordracer

fordracer Junior Member

thomasjkt,
    I sent you a PM with info to contact me.......