1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

e47 Pump pressure

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by robslawncare, Jan 21, 2012.

1. robslawncare

robslawncare Junior Member

I was having a problem with my c valve swelling so I got a pressure guage to hook up inline on my plow. I am adjusting pressure but I am only seeing 800 to 900 Max when I angle and max out guage. I have adjusted it using flat screw driver and 1/2 turns. It still only reads 800-900 Max? It seems like the angle rams barely want to move when they are angled far in. E47 has new motor and new c valve. Any ideas? The plow seems to work under good power untill rams are angled towards the max. If the rams are angled max there is not enough power to move plow without help. Also Rams are 3 months old.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Start by pulling pressure relief out and clean and check for damage. Replace if you see any damage. If no damage and cleaning does not help it may be time for new gear pump, 800-900 is way too low.

3. robslawncare

I pulled pressure relief and cleaned out. The ball was stuck good so I put some wd40 on it and worked it loose. Reinstalled and got about 1050 to 1100 out of it this time. And before the pressure leaked down and now its not. After working blade back and forth a few times it still wanted to struggle a lil bit when fully angled. When I first start plow it seems to have more power then slowly gets weaker after 5 mins only when fully angled?

4. robslawncare

Also where do I hook guage to test crossover relief?

5. kimber750

May have a binding issue. 1100psi is still bit on the low side. 1650 psi is where it should be. Also make sure fluid is filled to 1 1/2 inches below the fill hole.

We use a test stand but you should be able to use the same gauge setup. Just extend the ram you have the gauge hooked into, put the blade against something solid and push with the truck. Have someone else watch the gauge and make sure they stay clear of the plow. Should be around 3800psi.

6. robslawncare

Blade is stuck left now. Sometimes the gauge will hold pressure and slowly leak down and sometimes I get out to read gauge and it's almost leaked down to 0 by the time I look at it. Not sure what else to do now. I also had a set of new couplers I put on to see if it would help.

7. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Check the meyers site for the troubleshooting flow charts, the blade leaking down, could need a seal kit for the lift ram or a new ram, also if your c valve was swelling, did you replace it? Has your fluid been changed?

8. robslawncare

New c valve and new angle rams. Also plow goes up and down perfect with good power. Gets stuck left or right and pump pressure leaks down. Sometimes pressure holds?

9. NickT

NickT Senior Member

Definitely get a seal kit for the lift ram probably like 20 bucks,like I said check the flow charts they will tell you what to test or replace for certain problems

10. robslawncare

The blade doesn't leak down just the pressure on the gauge when I max it out at a angle. I was looking at flow charts but there isn't a flow chart for my problem. The blade moves left and right with someone else helping it move. I'm thinking it's a pump problem but it goes up and down good.

11. kimber750

Really need two people, one to watch the gauge and one to run the control.

The pressure should drop some when you let off the control. If the pressure does not drop it is difficult for the piston in the C valve to move. Remember this is only operated by a small magnet. Check to make sure the pilot check is moving freely.