1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Pump Motor Not Working

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by ISP Plowing, Oct 31, 2005.

1. ISP Plowing

ISP Plowing Junior Member

I haven't used my Meyer Plow since Jan 05 and I just set it up on my new truck. I installed the final piece last night, the main power solenoid, and when I hit the switch to raise the plow, nothing happened. I can hear the solenoid clicking, but no pump motor running. Is it possible my pump motor died?:confused: Is there any way to test the motor to see if it is bad before I replace it? Any help will be appreciated......Thanks
  2. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Use a 12VDC test light, check for voltage at either the load side of the solenoid or at the pos wire to the pump, if there is no power, start tracing back to find where you lost it at, if there is power, check the grounds, if everything checks o.k. probably the motor, you can use a set of jumper cables to hook directly to the motor to see if it runs, just make sure you have the motor off of the truck before you do, plow could move and crush you like a bug. :eek:
  3. ISP Plowing

I hooked up a set of jumper's and the motor worked, I then tried it from inside the cab and it works now. Is my pump motor possesed?:angry:
  4. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

For what it's worth, I had the exact thing happen to me about 2 weeks ago. However, my problem was my touch pad was toast. So, I bought a new one and everything was fine.

Hope it works out.
  5. ISP Plowing

Well I guess I spoke too soon, I went to hook up my blade and eveything and the motor runs but the lift cylinder doesn't go up? Any other ideas?
  6. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Could be low on fluid (1" below the filler hole), Bad "B" cartridge or no power to the "B" solinoid (most likely, sounds like you are experiencing electrical gremlins), bad "B" solinoid or a stuck open "A" cartridge. Does the plow angle O.K.?
  7. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Said it before and Ill say it again.

You see that multi pin connector thats btween the plow and your grill?

Junk it and hardwire the lights, solenoids, pump motor and ground.

If you can jump the motor and the solenoid clicks....you arent getting voltage through that harness.

Theres a kit available to do what Im suggesting for likem 40 bux at your service center.

8. ISP Plowing

The plow angles ok, but no lift, however I put the stick in float position and could manually lower the lift arm. The fluid looks ok, and I am going to try and play with the solenoids in the morning. Hopefully it is just something simple, getting to close to winter here in NY.
  9. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Make sure that you solenoid is grounded to your truck. I had that problem last winter and found out that was what was wrong with it.
  10. ISP Plowing

I flushed the pump and added fresh fluid to the proper level, and I checked the continuity of the wires to the soleniods to eliminate a issue with the plug harness and everything was good. I also checked the switch to make sure it was operating properly. The lift ram stays put when in normal postion, and I can push the lift arm down manually when the stick is in the float position, but when it tries to go up I get nothing. What soleniods should I focus on to fix the problem? And what is the best way to diagnose them? I don't want to start replacing things that aren't bad.....
  11. topher4519

topher4519 Junior Member

12. ght1098

ght1098 Member

Check the "B" solenoid and cartridge, you should also invest in a service manual or download and print one out off the web. They have trouble shooting flow charts in them that are a real lifesaver.