1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

E47 Pump lock

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Murf67, Dec 19, 2003.

1. Murf67

Murf67 Member

Anyone know were to get a good lower mount pump lock for a meyers pump I would like to put a lock on the bottom of my pump..replacing the bolt but the only ones that seam to be out there are 5/8" which are sloppy on the pump mount:drinkup:
  2. djg0770

djg0770 Junior Member

I used a trailer hitch lock - you don't want it too tight as it's a pivot point.
  3. PushIt

PushIt Junior Member

4. EJK2352

EJK2352 Senior Member

5. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

If they can get the bolts loose with hand tools they can have my pump. I had pump rebuilt and put new bolts and arm on it.
    Then I took the arc welder and put a bead around the far end of the bolts. You can still tighten the bolt but you would have to use an air cut off etc to get the pump bolts off to steal it.
    And what are the chances you could get a lock to work after very long on the front of a plow truck?

6. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

I drilled the lower hole out to ¾" and installed a stainless steel drawbar pin with a stainless steel guarded lock....... have fun gettin that off!
  7. djg0770

djg0770 Junior Member

and what about the 4 bolts that hold the pump frame to the frame extension rails?

If they want to steal it that bad, there's always a way (ie TORCH)
  8. Murf67

Murf67 Member

If anyone wants somthing bad enough they will get it...I am just trying to slow them down and protect the investment.,..As for the frame I have no problem using simple hitch pin locks...